Wednesday, August 1, 2007

A toe in the water

After submitting to my illness and allowing my body to rest, eat, and slowly recover I feel that Mono and I had a mutual understanding:

Body: "Okay Mono, i know you have to do your thing here, but please
just get it over with, don't come back and play nice while you're here".
Mono: "Look here body, I'm the new (temporary) Sheriff in town, so
what I say goes, as long as you keep your heiney on the couch,
supply me with ice cream, don't throw alcohol or other aldehydes
in my way and keep the running shoes off your feet we may just
find an amicable split after I'm done with you."
Body: "......"
Mono: "WTF, look, this isn't a negotiation - i'm just telling you how it is..."
Body: "FU, this is stupid, i'm going to eat a salad and go for a recovery spin"
Mono: "Look here, you wanna die or what? I will rupture your spleen if you cross me - i've done it plenty and have no qualms pressing the red button if you get a bit too animated with me."
Body: "No, what the hell kind of question is that?"
Mono: "Exactly, now we don't have to be friends, but let's just get along for the next 4-5 weeks."
Body: "Fine."

So yeah, that's how it went, now i'm much improved and have actually started running, biking, and swimming in a less structured manner... but DAMN it feels good to be back in it. Now it's time for a treat to get these feet in motion!

adidas adiZero Tempo - Good times with lightweight trainers

No comments: