Thursday, August 9, 2007

From spark to flame

How a simple request to a coworker: "Could you please keep it down a little bit" turned into something else - completely.

Hey David,

It’s really hard to quiet everyone down around here so I use headphones and listen to music. If the noise disturbs you today must be driving you crazy as you’ve had really vocal conversations going on all around you. I know I couldn’t make it without my headphones and music….just an idea. John and I aren’t as fortunate as you with Jay, we don’t have our desks right next to each other with a little window. I find there are times when you two are in conversation that I just have to pull out my headphones and deal with the situation. I figure the noise = productivity. I myself am happy to do what I can but conversation cannot be avoided and we are often working on projects where we need to exchange data verbally from what we see on our screen. Cheers


I would say "speechless" - but that was not the case!

No comments: