Saturday, June 23, 2007

Notes on Mono

Well, let me be the last kid on the block to say it: Mono is entirely unpleasant

I went to the doctor thinking i was at the phoenix of my illness symptoms - that my general fatigue and discomfort was all i would experience, just more prolonged. Boy was i wrong. I went from painfully tired to painfully tired and in pain. The sore throat i had mistakenly thought had "skipped me" attacked with full fury courtesy of lymph-nodes and tonsils which are enlarged to elephantitic proportions. Even trying to swallow a mouth full of water feels as if i'm trying to funnel down a mound of hot, strong, dry tortilla chips.

It's no joke. I'm tired, but in so much general discomfort that i don't sleep well at night. I feel like my best rest is achieved during rare afternoon naps, otherwise it's just intermittent snoozes between tossing & turning between 9p & 8a. All i can think is if this lasts more than a week (at this intensity) i'm probably going to cut out my own tonsils and will be looking (even more rapidly) for a new job.

Okay, i'm tired.

No comments: