Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Sweet squishee on a hot day

It isn't every day I come across a marketing "stunt" which excites me a great amount - i mean, to the point where I want to drive/fly/boat to the location of this activity to witness it. 7-11 has made a brilliant move in participation with the July 27th opening of the cartoon-animation "Simpson's Movie" by converting 12 of their stores nation-wide into simulated "Kwik-E-Marts", mimicking the store owned and operated by the character Apu.

Just sitting back and thinking about the publicity brought about for both the Simpsons movie and the 7-11 company I am honestly floored by the creativity and implementation of this concept. They have gone far enough to create specialty products to match the freshly-themed facade of the building, including:
* Buzz Cola
* Krusty-O's Cereal
* Squishies
* Cookies

Apparently there's a store in Seattle, and of course at least 2 in the Los Angeles area, but I'm seriously considering going up to Seattle within the next few weeks to experience this in person. As a marketer/advertiser, and a huge fan of well executed campaigns I feel it's important to see this in person and in a way, pay my respect to such an outstanding idea.

The Cartoon Store




The "Real" Store




The Specialty Products:

No comments: